Last week was a bit of a blur... I was working at the airport 10am-2pm, which meant I had enough time in the morning to get up and get your sisters out the door to school, then had to race to get myself ready so I could be out the door myself by 9am. I got home just in time for them to arrive home and then starts the crazy homework time of the day. Our house is the house that all the kids in the neighbourhood come to, to hang out and play. I'm going to have the girls tell everyone that they can't play until 4.15pm, as it was getting crazy last week trying to get their homework done, with the doorbell going every 2 minutes. 4.15 gives everyone enough time for snack and then homework, and then the rest of the afternoon is their own. I was joking with Dad that what we need on the front of this house is a revolving door.
The for sale sign is still up next door, but so far I think they've only had one person come look at the house. I havent seen D much this week, but shes watching Maddie for me tomorrow and Tuesday morning, so will get to catch up with her then.
Today we're off to yet another picnic for Dads work. We only had one a few weeks ago, but they had a tonne of hotdogs and hamburger patties left over, so we're having another one today. It'll be early to bed for me tonight when we get home, as I have to be out the door by 3am for work. The upside is I'll be home for the day by 9.30am, so I'll get to hang out with Maddie all day. I'm not sure how I'm going to get to sleep so early .. the first couple of nights will be a challenge, but something tells me that by Wednesday night I'll be falling into bed and going straight to sleep. I'm off to Arizona next Sunday for training, so the early mornings there will feel like a huge sleep in after this week!! The next 6wks are going to be rough, but after that things should calm down some. Once the training period is over, I'll be working part time. It seems everyone down there trades shifts so that the part-timers come in for just a couple of long days a week, instead of 5 short days a week.
Well baby, I'm going to get moving here so I can get this house picked up and looking good... I'm aiming to have nothing to do when we get home other than dinner and bath your sisters... Dad will be home around 7pm, and I'll be heading to bed soon after that.
The court lists are still moving along quite nicely ... Maybe this week will be the week our names show up!!
I love you bunches.
Adopting from India - The long and winding road....
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
As a former homeschooling family we, too, had a problem with other kids in the neighbourhood bothering us during study time. They would get a day off school for snow conditions and be ringing our bell at 9:00 a.m. wondering if my kids could come out to play! They often interrupted violin practicing for my daughter and then she would be distracted and not want to finish.
To help send a gentle reminder to neighbourhood friends I made a sign to hang on the door. I used pictures so even preschoolers could read it. The sign had a bunch of cartoon kids with a cross through it, kind of like the non-smoking signs but this was non-kids. When friends saw that side was up they knew no one was free to play. When the flip side was showing the kid symbol appeared without a line through it and they were free to invite our kids to play. It made the other children in our area feel very grown-up because they could problem solve on their own. Just an idea.
I don't know how you are keeping things together with this training schedule! Hang in there 'cause it sounds like things will get easier by Christmas.
Post a Comment