I feel like a slacker for not updating this in nearly a week, but this last week was nuts!! I worked Tues,Wed,Thurs at the airport, and Wed and Thurs night at the jewellery store ... between work, and the first week of the girls being back at school, by Friday I was wiped out!
Work at the airport went really well .... I'm working with a great bunch of people, and they've all been really helpful. There is just SO much to learn! I got to spend a lot of time at the check-in counter, as well as at the boarding gate. Come Thursday I got to spend time down in baggage claim, which was really interesting. I have a feeling thats where the most challenging customers will be ....Theres no such thing as a happy camper when someone arrived on a flight only to find out that their bags have gone elsewhere.
Luckily the jewellery store was pretty quiet both nights. I actually spent some time on Thurs night making myself little flashcards of all the airport and airline city codes, in between the very few customers we had. Our first day of training, they test us first thing, and the score we get counts towards our first weeks overall score... If you don't have 85% or more by the end of the week, then its Bye-bye.
I was supposed to be leaving today for training in Arizona, but it seems that while I was enrolled in the class, no one got around to confirming that I was going, so they gave my spot away. I now leave on the 25th. I'm happy that it gives me a couple more weeks to study, as well as work at the airport and learn more before I go to training. I'm working there this week Mon - Fri from 10am -2pm. Next week they're talking of me doing the 4.30am-8.30am shift ....Eeeeek! That means I'd need to be out the door by 3.30am!! The downside to me not leaving for another couple of weeks is Dads schedule. This week he has Tues-Fri off, so it would have been a good week for me to be gone. The week I'm actually going, he's going to be working mainly thru the week, so that means finding childcare for Maddie. Our neighbour, D, had offered to help out, but I'm not sure just how thats going to work out. Her and M had a ripping fight last week, and M hasn't been home since. Yesterday a for sale sign went up out the front of their house. I spoke with D, and shes saying she'll still do it, but realistically she needs to be looking for a full-time job. I'm just a little worried that a couple of week into training, shes going to be letting us know that she can't do it anymore. The best news would be that M is moving back home, and that stupid for sale sign is coming down, but its hard to say whats going to happen. We have other neighbours that would help out, but the challenge is finding someone who can be here by 6.30am to get the kids up and off to school. I plan on spending some time this week coming up with a backup plan.
Well baby, I need to be houseworking here.... I have laundry coming out my you-know-where, and I'm not going to have much time this week to do it. My goal is to have this house show-room perfect by the end of today, so I can spend my time off thru the week just hanging out with the girls...
I love you bunches, and I miss you sooooo much!!! Our names have to show up on that judges docket within the next couple of week if there is any chance we're going to have you here in time for Christmas....
Adopting from India - The long and winding road....
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment