Adopting from India - The long and winding road....

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Monday, May 22, 2006

Are you expecting??!!

So yesterday after Uncle Jeffs birthday party, we stopped at a gas station to buy the girls bottles of water ... All of that playing at the park had them pretty thirsty. There I am, minding my own business, and this woman asks me out of the blue ..."Are you expecting?". Everyone in the line, as well as the check out girl all waits for the answer ... "Ummm, yeah, actually I am. A little 5yr old boy, within the next couple of months ... from India". Not the answer she was looking for. Ohhhh, I get it ... she was meaning, am I pregnant. I gave her my best f-off scowl, and told her "No, apparently I'm just FAT!". She went into damage control mode right away ...Oh, I didnt mean that ..and no your not ..and oh I'm so sorry. Yeah, whatever, shut up, and leave me alone while I contemplate my diet .....B***H!!

This is NOT the first time this has happend. First time was right after I'd given birth to Georgia ...and I do mean right after. I was downstairs at Gore hospital with Trisha, and this other pregnant lady asked when I was due to have my baby ....Yeah...ummm.... just did that actually. Admittedly I was still pretty poochy, so she can be forgiven. Next time, I was also with Trish, only it was over here at the garden center. The breeze must have been blowing up my shirt just right, cause this lady started gushing about how cute I was and when was I due?? WTF?? Ummmm....not due.

Do I just have that maternal look, or what? For someone who's farted out four kids, I don't think I'm all that big.

I'm giving that stupid wench the benefit of the doubt, and assuming that thanks to adopting you I must just have that gorgeous expectant mother glow about me..

Yeah ...thats it. My story, and I'm sticking to it.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Oh hush - you're the skinniest gal there is.