Adopting from India - The long and winding road....

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Friday, June 30, 2006

C'mon July!

Just ONE more day and we're into July!! In some ways June has flown by, yet in others its beyond a doubt been the longest month so far this year. The Delhi courts are about to reopen, and thats where we start crossing everything we can think of hoping for a fast court date! I've spent the last few days bugging everyone I know who has already been through this process trying to get an idea as to what timeframe we might expect from this point on, and it really varies a lot! Debby was at this stage this time last year, and they got guardianship towards the end of July, and then got to travel towards the end of August. Hopefully for us it'll not be any longer than that.

Our garage sale went pretty well, but we still have just a tonne of stuff left over .. We're thinking we're going to have another one on the 7th July. Anything that's leftover after that, we'll just donate.

The girls are really enjoying their summer vacation time ....Even Molly is over her disappointment at not being able to go to school every day. Summer is going to get even better within the next week or so, as we have a friend of Grandpas coming with a tractor to move all of the gravel out of the driveway so we can put up our new pool!! Mike and Dianna next door got a new one, so gave us their old one, and its HUGE. I'm sure that your sisters will have a bunch of fun in that while we wait for you to arrive.

This whole waiting thing is getting harder by the day. We're so close now to being able to come get you, and yet because we don't have a date, I still feel so far away. It would be nice if the agency had a way to send us updated photos and news of how you are doing. I don't think theres a moment in the day that I'm not thinking about you and hoping you are ok. All going well, you'll find out about us within the next few weeks. I wonder what you'll think when you find out ... will you be excited, or sad to be leaving your home country and your friends there at the orphanage. Its going to be a huge transition for you, and I'll be doing everything and anything I can to make it as easy as possible for you. More than anything, I can't wait for you to know that you have a family .... and that we're going to love you forever and ever. I know you didn't think you were going to ever get one, but you've had one for nearly 7 months now. Your sisters miss and love you very much, and just like me, they can't wait to get you here!

No comments: