Adopting from India - The long and winding road....

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Well baby, I wish you could have been here for yesterday ...It was a day for laughing. Dad decided that he was going to teach Georgia how to mow the yard. There was not one excuse that anyone could think of that Georgia didn't give for why she should NOT have to do it ... it ranged from "I'll get all hot and sweaty", "I dont have any old shoes that fit, and dont want my shoes to get all green", right thru to "Well, seen as I'm only learning, can I just do the front yard for practice" ... it was TOO funny! Soooo, Dad gets her out there, shows her what to do, and starts the mower. Cassie and I were laughing so hard, as was Dad. Initially she looked like a drunk person behind the mower .. shes stumbling all over, and the mower is going anywhere it wants. When it came time to empty the bag into the yard debris bin, shes gagging before she can even get within a few feet of it .... Ewwwww, it stinks!!!!!!. Every time the bag needed emptied, she had to get Dad or I to restart the mower. Dads logic was that Georgia might be thinking if she made a big enough pain in the a** of herself, then he would take over. Wrong.

All in all she did a pretty good job. She missed a few clumps here and there, but for a first attempt, it was impressive. As a treat, we took everyone out to dinner last night. We were going to head to Namaste, but opted for Mexican food instead. We'll save Namaste for one day thru the week when we can do the lunch buffet.

While Georgia was mowing, (and Cass was lounging on the trampoline watching her sister sweat bullets), Dad and I washed and waxed the car. It looks awesome! Molly and Maddie got in on the act and washed their bikes and the wagon.

Once Cassie was over laughing at her sister, she ventured to the front yard where we were at. Our cat Daisy and two of the kittens where playing with a little mole on the front door step. I tried to explain that Daisy was just teaching her kittens how to hunt, and that moles are a terrible pest and make a huge mess (namely the mounds of dirt around the swing set out the back). Well, Cassie being the sweet soul that she is, just couldnt take it. She rescues the mole, and returns it to the woods behind us. Heres hoping it doesn't find its way back again.

Dad got some good news at work last week. As of mid-July, they're moving him to day shift. This will be the first time ever that Dad hasn't worked nights. His new hours will be from 6am-5pm, four days on/four days off. That means hes actually going to be home EVERY night!! Very cool!! Its going to mean a change in routine around here, as he's going to have to head to bed pretty early. It weird to think it'll be bedtime right around the time he usually eats dinner the nights hes working. Its going to be weird for me not seeing him all day long, but I'm sure he'll sneak home for lunch to see us.

Meanwhile, we'll be thinking of ways to make June go faster. Roll on July. I want a court date, and then a travel date. I know I say it at the start of every month, but we really are another month closer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.