Adopting from India - The long and winding road....

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Well baby, I've spent the last few days showing your photos to anyone and everyone, and of course, they all said you're gorgeous! I had a good week working at the airport, and it felt good to be actually able to do various things on the computer. Before training if someone wanted to change seats or add bags, I had to wait for someone else ... Now its no problem!! I joked with my boss that they'd taught us just enough to be dangerous. He must have thought I was doing ok though, as he gave me my own sign-in name and password for the computer. As always, the entertainment value at the airport was second-to-none. I've always been a people-watcher, and now I'm working in the ultimate environment for it.

Having being at the airport from 4am-12.30pm this week, I'm enjoying a lazy morning before heading off to work at the jewelry store today. I start at 12.30pm, and will hopefully be home around 9.30pm. Tomorrow its back to Arizona for another week. Next weekend, I'm going to be lazy.

I emailed Lisa to thank her for the photos, and she let me know that you now know you have a family!! Thats awesome news!! Shes going to ask Vijays permission to give me an address so that we can send you some things while we're waiting. Hopefully I'll hear back from her early next week. We're still no further ahead with the waiting game. The High Court is now involved, so hopefully they'll give this judge a short amount of time to get things caught up.

Uncle Mike is still hanging in there, although things are still touch and go. They made the decision to disconnect his feeding tube, as they believe the 2nd stroke was just too damaging. Its a waiting game now. He had one good day where he tried to talk, and was showing signs of interacting with everyone, but by yesterday he was back to being very unresponsive. His heart is not looking good, and theres concern that he has pnuemonia on top of it all. I'll be calling Mum again tomorrow night from Arizona for another update.

Well baby, its time for me to get thru the shower and look like I'm going to work again today! It'll be a change to wear something other than a white shirt and black pants! Dad is going to take the girls to Costco, as we're in dire need of some groceries.

Hopefully within the next couple of weeks you'll be getting mail from us. Lots of photos, letters, pictures from the girls, and if Vijay will allow it, a few treats too.

I love you bunches.

No comments: