In some ways the days have been going so fast, yet its hard to sit here and actually say just what we've been doing. This 4am shift has me going to be pretty early, so the 2nd half of each day seems short. By the time your sisters get home from school and we get homework/dinner/bathtime/storytime etc done, its time for me to go to bed too.
We had parent teacher conferences for the girls a couple of weeks ago. Everyone is doing very well, and both Molly and Cassies teachers asked after you. Your sisters have told everyone you're coming, so we now have even more people counting down the days until you can come home. This judge in India is still being a butt, and its looking like it'll be 2007 before you'll be here. The nerve-wracking part here is that there will be a new judge in the new year, so we're back to not knowing what we're dealing with. Rumour has it the new judge is very pro-adoption, but then again, thats what everyone said about this one. One upside though, is that Lisa is going to start having bi-weekly conference calls with the families that are still waiting and Vijay. As far as I know, there are four families all waiting on guardianship. I already know one family (Baby K's Mommy and Daddy and big sister). At this point I think we're aiming for Wednesday at 9am.
We had a double discount day at work, and got quite a bit of Christmas shopping done. Of course, the girls will change their minds a hundred times between now and Christmas, so we'll probably hold off on sending letters to Santa for another couple of weeks, as we don't want a repeat of last year where Santa got several updated letters as the girls thought of different things. Your sisters are the perfect consumers ...if its seen on TV, its needed in this house. I splashed out on a new laptop, as our desktop died some time ago, and our other laptop is dead more often than not these days. We got a smoking deal, with a laptop that was already on clearance, minus my 15% employee coupon, and then 20% double discount. My kind of shopping!!!
Its already feeling weird heading into Christmas knowing that you're not going to be here. Back when we first found out about you, we never imagined we'd be this far into the year without you. I'm going to go ahead and buy you a stocking anyway, and we'll put some treats in it for when you do arrive.
I miss you so much. I'm trying so hard to stay positive here. While I know that we're very lucky that you're in an orphanage that cares for you well, its just so hard having you so far away. We have some photos and treats headed your way for you to share with all your friends there at the orphanage, which I hope at least makes the waiting a little bit easier for you. I just hope that now that you know you have a family, that you somehow know and believe just how much you are loved. As your sisters would say ..... I love you bigger than the ocean.
Adopting from India - The long and winding road....
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hello Ben,
This is stacy your family's freind and broker. I am so privileged and Honered that your mom and dad trusted me enough to be a small part of bringing you home. Your Mom talks about you everytime that I talk to her. You can hear the happiness in her voice.
Oh yea when you need a break from all of those girls you may come over and visit with my 5 boys, we all need a break sometimes....lol I am looking forward to meeting you and sure hope it comes fast.
Stacy Brazda
Post a Comment