Working at the airport is still entertaining. Now that the weather is turning to crap (the forecast is a predictable rain, rain, and more rain ....), I'm starting to experience a few delayed flights and not so happy customers. Yesterday they were so bad we actually had to call the police. One passenger was yelling and threatening Linda to the point we all thought she was going to get physical. I got yelled at twice by the same passenger. Apparently our line was not moving fast enough for his liking. The first time around, I listened to him up to the point that he was starting to get in my face, and then pretty much tuned him out. Living with all these kids has its advantage when it comes to tuning out background noise. About 15mins later, he was back. I'm still not sure what his problem was, as he was already checked-in. I think he just found it nescessary to stand there and critique our customer service skills. Given I couldn't say half of what I wanted and still stay employed, I threw him to the mercy of the other passengers. In a voice a little louder than it needed to be, I helpfully pointed out that every time he came up there to yell at me, it forced me to stop working so I could pay attention to him. I innocently asked him where in the line he was, and of course, he told me he was already checked in. Upon hearing that, the other passengers all took over, and all we could hear were comments of "Dude, if you're checked in, get out of the line", and a few people muttering under their breath about what a jerk he was. I even had a few people apologise for his behaviour. By the time we got down to the gate, this guy actually apologised for being such an ass ..... Yeah, thanks, and you got that right.
This 4am shift is taking some getting used to. I love how busy it is in the mornings once I get to work ..the hard part is getting out of bed. Once my feet hit the floor I'm good to go, but hearing that alarm go off at 2am isn't so flash.
Its nice to be out of training. I met some really awesome people down there that I'll definitely be staying in touch with. I'll put up some photos that we took down there the last day. I need to make a few calls on my days off to see how everyone else is doing now that we're officially done with training and working in the real world.
Now we need to plan some trips and take advantage of these flight benefits!
Adopting from India - The long and winding road....
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment