Adopting from India - The long and winding road....

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Adoption Update.

Finally life is settling back into a routine, even if its a crazy one!! Now that I'm back home again, I plan to update this a lot more often, as I've found that the longer I put it off, the harder it is to do, espescially with as much that goes on in our house. To keep it easier, I'm going to put up a couple of different posts to let everyone know what we've been up to. An adoption update of course, will be at the top of the list!

We got another court date on October 30th, which should have been great news. This Judge however, is still in no hurry at all to push thru any international cases. He gave us a date for a Final Hearing ... unfortunately not until 9th January 2007. The part that really bites here, is that rumour has it this judge will be out of office at the end of this year. If the next judge is pro-adoption, he could very well move quickly, and we'd have guardianship in the New Year ... If the next judge is anti-adoption, we could be waiting a while yet. I was pretty bummed to see the date ... It was very early morning, and I was checking the causelist before I had to leave for work. Initially I was pissed ... and then I was sad, and had a wee cry all to myself, and then I gave myself a bit of a pep-talk. I know that this WILL happen ... I just hate the thought of you over there waiting for us. I knew that frustration would be a part of this process ... I just hadn't counted on SO much frustration.

In the meantime, we just about have a parcel ready to send over to you and all your friends in the orphanage. We got a bunch of colouring books and pencils, along with all sorts of other goodies. We even took advantage of the fact that there was candy all over every store for Halloween, and bought some HUGE bags of lollipops for you all.

I'm still checking the court lists every day in the hope that something wonderful will happen and our name will slide in there again. The chances are slim, but as we've seen with this court so far, anything is possible.

I love you...

No comments: