I'm still waiting for the results of yesterdays scan ...
The day got off to a rough start - Nothing to eat or drink for 4 hours before the scan, which was at 9.35am. I'm a person who NEEDS a morning coffee (or 2 or 3), so this was not good news. What I did get instead, was the most disgusting stuff EVER to drink an hour beforehand. It was berry flavoured, and all thick and slimey. I'm trying to choke it down, while leaning over the sink gagging and heaving. Maddie found it pretty entertaining, but it was no fun from my side. We got down there only to be told that I needed to drink one more bottle!! I told them there was just no way I could do it ..... if they were going to make me, then more than likely it would mean I was going to hurl up the bottle I'd already had. Instead they gave me some lemonade with the contrast in it, and while it was a little bitter it tasted a lot better than the snot-like stuff I'd had to drink first. They also started an IV for a different kind of contrast, and that stuff made me feel like I had tinkled all over myself. Made your entire body realllllly hot. Very weird sensation. According to the lady who did the scan, they wanted to rule out torn muscles or a fractured spleen. I'm hopeful that its nothing too major, as they let me go home right afterwards, and I figure if it was anything spectacular they would have said something. Its still pretty early in the day, so if I havent heard from my Dr by lunchtime I'll give her a call and see whats going on.
We did get a good giggle here last night though. Dad got home from work, and went to use the bathroom. When he came out, he called out for me to come see the sink in there. I was expecting a flood of some sort, but nope .... not even close. Somebody had taken a blue feltpen and decorated my white sink with blue swirls and lines. Instantly I guessed it must have been Maddie, so I came back out to the kitchen and asked all the girls if there was anything anyone wanted to tell me about the sink. Blank faces stared back. Sooo, I got a little more specific, and asked Maddie if there was anything she wanted to tell me. She looked at me with the straightest face and announced that she had coloured it blue. By now I'm struggling to stay stern, as she just looks so damn cute as shes telling me all about her art work. In my best Mummy-voice I asked her why on earth she would do that!! Pointed out that she KNOWS better, and that we only draw on paper!! By now Dad was back in the kitchen, and all the big girls are looking a little worried, because they just know theres going to be trouble. Without skipping a beat, Maddie grins and says "Well, I think it looks kinda cool". I kept my composure right up until everyone else (including Dad) starting snorting and trying hard not to laugh. That child is very lucky that she has cute on her side!! I made her clean it up, and it washed off very easily, and then we had another wee chat about what its ok to draw on.
Well I'm going to do my best to have somewhat of a tidy-up around here. I can clean anything at waist level or higher ... I just can't bend over, or get my arms above my head. I also emailed our agency today to see if they had ANY news at all, so hopefully I'll hear back from them at some point too.
Will update again as soon as I have any news.
Adopting from India - The long and winding road....
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment