Not Ben ..... the fish.
At least, 2 are AWOL and one is DOA. I'm not sure what he did with them, or how I'm supposed to explain it to his sisters, but seriously, we are minus 3 fish. I swear the cat has been grinning. I'm seriously thinking he fed them to the cat (not counting the one that tried to run and ended up shrivelled on the carpet) .... thats what I'm telling myself anyway... lets blame the cat. Its better than thinking he may have ate them himself or worse yet, stashed them somewhere. My Mum asked tonight how am I planning on explaining to him that we don't mess with the fish. Honestly ... I have NO clue. The survivor was a baby one, so I can only assume he didnt see it. We'll rename that one Lucky.
Anyway, moving on....
We had our first trip to the Doctors yesterday and he's put on 7lbs in the 2wks we've been home! He's had a cough that we've been worried about, but the good news is his chest is clear and they're putting it down to allergies. We'll see how the medicine does. The doctor was a really positive experience which was a good thing. I told him the day before that he needed to go to the Dr and he freaked, so yesterday I told him we were going to the store and we detoured. He now loves the Dr, thanks to the ball and the toy airplane they sent him home with. I have some very real concerns about his hearing (which I was hoping was a wax build-up) ...his ears are clear, so a hearing test will be in the near future.
Today we hung pretty close to the house. He took a trip with Papa in the car and saw Papas work (the police department), and then came home via Fred Meyer where he scored a new DVD featuring his favourite super-heroes.
Its been another great couple of days ....
Oh, and for those of you who are wondering, we found my phone!!! I'll be calling T-mobile tomorrow and reinstating my service! I feel like a turd, as my phone is also my phonebook, so without it I'm kinda screwed. I've missed a very special birthday, and all sorts of other good stuff (but its ok, cause they know I love them heaps, right? :o) ... ) Unlike the fish, I'm not AWOL ... just outta touch.
Adopting from India - The long and winding road....
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
machliya ki taraf hi dekho, hat mat lagana!
"Only look at the fish, don't touch!"
You are my hero! Thank you for that translation!
(Lucky thanks you too!)
Post a Comment