Adopting from India - The long and winding road....

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Oh Spit!

No, the header is not a typo. Spit is what happened, oh s*it is what I thought.

Apprently someone upset Ben on the bus yesterday. So Ben spat on them. And got caught by the driver. He got "written up", according to the other kids from the bus who saw it. Ben's version is that the bus driver told him he couldn't ride the bus anymore ... Only Maddie could.

I asked him what happened and he told me that someone had spat at him first. This version of events was disupted by just about every other kid who lives on our block, so I asked Ben if he was telling me the truth. He assured me he was, but I still wasn't buying it. I told him that there is nothing in this world that would get him into more trouble with me than lying, and trying really hard not to smile, he told me "Mommy I not lying". Busted. I was staring at the face of a lying child and he knew that I knew. It was at this point that he decided to come clean with the truth. I spat first, he told me. I asked him why and all he kept saying was "I don't know". We had a long talk about how nasty spitting is and added to that why we shouldn't lie to Mummy.

I mentioned it to his teacher today, who is going to have a chat to the driver and find out what happened. I scanned his backpack and if "written up" involves a piece of paper that should have made it home to me, then its probably laying on the floor of that bus somewhere. It sounds like he got his first warning, and as I understand it they only give a couple of those before revoking the childs bus-riding priveledges. I told him that no bus would mean no school and that got his attention.

Well, I'm going to cut this short as the older girls are just in the door from school. Cassie joined band this year and is playing the French horn. She had her first lesson today and is currently practicing right here at the kitchen table. I'm glad shes so enthusiastic but my eardrums are paying a high price. She tells me she needs to practice for an hour a day. Fabulous honey ...just fabulous! She's informed me shes going to get really good at it so that she can get a scholarship to an awesome college.

Think of the scholarship, think of the scholarship...

Now would be a good time for me to go find something to do outdoors.

No comments: