Due to this not working when I went to post yesterday, I need to back up a couple of days here.
Firstly, no "new" news on the adoption front. Hopefully it won't be long now until we hear whether or not the High Court is going to make this judge speed up. Fingers crossed for luck!!
Ok .... I had to work Wed/Thurs, and then I'm scheduled again tomorrow. Last week, I got a call back from the airline. Unfortunately it came while I was working, so they left me voicemail. I spent Thurs/Fri last week playing phone tag with no luck, and left a message advising them I had Monday and Tuesday of this week off, and that I'd love to hear from them then. Well, Wednesday afternoon I'm at work, and I see I've missed a call. First break I get, I clear my messages, and its them wondering if I'm available to come in for an interview this week!! I called back, confirmed Friday 9am, and then went onto panic mode! Presentation is pretty big in the airline industry, and I'm a wreck!! Its been ages since I had a haircut (although as curly as mine is, its pretty hard to tell), and my nails are trashed. I spent my lunch break getting my nails all prettied up, and then called a client who also happens to be a hairdresser, and she made me an appointment for 8pm that day right after work. Yesterday I worked a 12.30-9.30pm, and spent my lunch break trying to find something to wear. I settled on a nice light grey jacket, and decided to go with black pants and a cute black top underneath.
I was awake at 6am unable to sleep at all. By this time I was quite convinced there wasn't one question they could ask me that I'd answered at least 100 times in my mind overnight. A peaceful morning coffee, and a nice hot shower, and I was feeling pretty good about things. Being awake that early meant I could actually take my time with my hair and makeup (which was a nice change from the usual hectic mornings around here), and even Daddy said I looked "Hot" ...haha.
The interview itself went REALLY well. The man I interviewed with was just lovely. We chatted for close to an hour. He wound things up by letting me know that while they're not technically supposed to be hiring right now, they are short staffed and trying to create a position, and that just as soon as that happened, they'd like to offer it to ME!! Woooooohooooo!! He sent me home with a bunch of paper to fill out (although its a walk in the park compared to the paperwork we had to do for your adoption), and asked that I get it back to him as soon as possible. Its just forms for background checks that short of thing. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited!! One of the coolest things about this job is the flight benefits. Free domestic flights for all of us, and for international flights he said to budget around 10% of the airfare. He wasn't sure if flight benefits became active after 30 days or 90 days from date of hire, but was leaning towards the 30 days. There is a training period where I'll need to go to Arizona for a week at a time, so I'm desperately hoping that they need someone fast, and I can get my training out of the way before we come get you. I told him all about you, and that we didn't know yet when we'd get to leave to bring you home, and he was very reassuring that they would work with me on that one. Pretty cool, eh?
Well baby, I'm off to work again tomorrow, so should probably go do some laundry so I have something to wear! I love you bunches!!
Adopting from India - The long and winding road....
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment