Its 6.40am, and I've been up for an hour. This is what being nosy gets you...
Yesterday I was poking around on the Delhi court website, just as I've done every few days since the start of July. On it there are causelists and daily judgements for the various judges, and until yesterday the judge that has our case hasn't had anything show up. (more than likely because he hasn't been seeing any cases). I was surprised to see that yesterday, he actually had some cases to see ... sooooo, I'm scanning down the list, and there we are!!! Now in a perfect world, this would mean that we now have guardianship, but this is the Indian court system we're talking about, so we don't know what it means for now. I called Lisa, and she said that Vijay had tried to call her yesterday morning, but that Lisa had gotten in too late to get the call. Lisa is calling Vijay back this morning, and will call me if there's any news. Its positive that our name was there, but what we don't know at this stage is whether or not the judge even made it that far down the docket ... and if he did, whether or not he granted us guardianship or deferred us to a different day. Hopefully today brings us some news!!
The house is so quiet this morning, as all of your sisters are still sleeping. I'm thinking I'm going to take my book (and the phone of course) back to bed and make the most of the peace until the girls are awake.
I'll update this as soon as I hear from Lisa!
Adopting from India - The long and winding road....
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment