Adopting from India - The long and winding road....

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Friday, August 04, 2006

Well, today won't ever make it onto the list of "great days". The judge only heard two cases ...neither of which was ours. We're back to waiting. On the upside, he approved the two he did hear, so things are rolling again which is good. (good=great news for two other families).

My pimple problem got worse. Its not a pimple at all ...its a spider bite. By this afternoon it was so swollen and sore I gave into the girls at work and dragged my sorry ass to the doctor. It turns out the doctors visit was a good thing ...he said if I'd left it another day then it would have been antibiotics via IV. Apparently its absessed (which probably explains why it hurts so much), so I got a prescription for antibiotics, and then got to go back to work. I'm sure it'll feel a lot better tomorrow. I'm still trying to work out when I got bitten. I had the "pimple" before I went to bed last night, so I'm sure it didn't happen in my sleep. One of the girls at work today felt the need to tell me that statistically the average person will swallow 9 spiders while sleeping in their lifetime. I really hope that I'm not statistically average, because thats just gross. Anyway, if its not better tomorrow, then I have strict instructions to head back to the doctor where they will try to drain it. I'm a wimp with needles ...Draining is NOT an option...it WILL feel all better tomorrow.

Maybe the good news will come next week. I have most of the week off, so the odds are I'll be within an arms length of the phone.

Tomorrow we're off to a picnic that the adoption agency is throwing. I'm going down with Sue and Allan, and I think Dad and your sisters are going to travel back from the beach and then meet us there. It should be a good day. It will be a great chance to meet some other families who have been through all of this. I was hoping we'd have you home in time for this picnic, but rest assured I'll be taking your photos and showing you off to anyone who'll listen.

I miss you sweet boy .... and I love you bunches.

No comments: