Well, Miss Maddie is feeling a lot better. Daddy took her to the doctor first thing Sunday morning, and sure enough she has another UTI. Given shes gone nearly four years with no problems, and this is her 2nd one in 2 months, its pretty concerning. They're referring her to a pediatric urologist. The concern is that the little valves at the top of her bladder aren't closing all the way, allowing the urine to backwash into her kidneys. Its good to see her brighter again, as Sunday she was VERY sick. High fever, and she even threw up during the night Sunday night. By yesterday morning she was a lot brighter, so the antibiotics are doing as they should.
We rescheduled the party for this coming Sunday. In the meantime we have 2 huge cakes that we either need to eat or give away. I think the kids are voting for eating them.
Sunday night I went with Sue, Allan and the boys into Portland to take a quick peek at the India Festival. Daddy stayed here with Maddie. The festival was awesome, and I picked up an outfit to bring with me to India. Sue and I were spotting all of the little boys, and trying to decide how big you'd be. Sue thinks that you're a lot smaller than I think you are, so I'm excited to see who is right. The courts are moving again this week, but still no sign of our names on the Daily Causelists.
I got a cool phone call this morning from US Airways, formally offering me a job!!!!! I leave for Arizona on Sept 10th, to start my training. Its very exciting stuff! Its six weeks training in total, a week in Arizona, a week back here in Portland, back to Arizona for a week, etc. Its going to be really hard being away from your sisters for a week at a time, but as Dad keeps saying, "Just keep your eyes on the prize" ... This job is going to mean that we can take some really cool vacations, and also fly back to Australia too!! For a family our size, airfares get pretty expensive. This way we can get seriously cheap flights, and have spending money for doing fun stuff once we get there. This is an awesome opportunity for all of us!
Well baby, your sisters are arguing over a card game they're playing, so best I go referee here.
I love you bunches!
Adopting from India - The long and winding road....
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment