"You farted" is without a doubt Ben's most favourite English phrase. He likes to bounce it out there randomly and then laughs his little ass off at people reactions.
A few weeks ago we were at the store minding our own business shopping. I had all the kids with me and there was this one woman that we kept bumping into who was obviously trying to work out how Ben fit in amongst all the other kids. Well, there we were over by the milk and she got brave enough to speak up. Addressing Ben she tells him "Hullo". Mimicking her voice and tone perfectly he replied "Hullo". Then she asks him "How are you?", to which he mimicked her again .... "How are you?". She told him she was good and thanked him. I could see his eyes light up and instinct told me it was time to keep moving. Too late. He smiles his sweetest smile, points right at her and at the top of his lungs tells her "YOU FARTED". This woman went thirty shades of red instantly. She tells him, "Oh honey, no I didnt", to which he stands up in the cart, bends over, (assumes what I can only guess is his farting position) blows a raspberry and tells her "Yup, you farted". By now shes looking a lot like shes going to faint, and the other kids are laughing so hard I'm expecting one of them to pee all over themselves any minute. Meanwhile other shoppers are glaring at this woman with looks that all say "How disgusting!". Naturally everyone is going to believe the child ...espescially one as cute and straight-faced as Ben.
I know people have told me that with older adoptive kids you have to go thru all the emotional stages. We've been in and out of the baby stage, where he wants to be held, rocked and comforted and now I'm guessing we've moved on to the stage that I can only compare to having a 3 yr old that is going to say whatever is on his mind, no matter where we're at or who's listening. I'm going to predict that this stage will be one of the more entertaining!
Adopting from India - The long and winding road....
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Jo that is sooooooooooooooo funny I love it!
talk to you soon-
Susan/TX
H I L A R I O U S!!!
It is just too funny!
I was nearly wetting myself!
A big hello from Luxembourg
Sas
I'm so glad that Ben is doing well. He sounds like a bundle of joy to have around.
Post a Comment