This whole working for a living gig sucks.
I'm missing out on the fun stuff. Now I'll admit that I'm onto a pretty good thing, only having to work J's days off, but still...
We've had some rearranging within the company that I work for, ... the regional manager got demoted and is now managing a store 15 minutes from here. In amongst this rearranging it was somewhere decided that I'd be better utilised working at this new store. Now I'm still only working a few days a week but wow, is it REALLY working. The disorganisation in this store is overwhelming. Things that should be done daily or at a push weekly havent been done for months. The overtime is going to be great, as there are just not enough hours in a normal work day to get done what needs to be done down there. This manager is a great guy and knows in theory all that should be done to make the place run smoothly .... Theory however is one very small part of things, and apparently thats where I come in.
In the meantime I'm missing all the fun. The older kids went with J's parents to the beach on Friday and J took the little 2 down for the day on Saturday ... (meanwhile I worked .... not that I'm bitter or anything... ..seriously ...not even just a teeny tiny frigin little bit bitter about missing out on a fun day at the beach) ... I digress.
Anyway, it sounds like they all had a fabulous time (while I was slogging it out juggling out of date paperwork and pissy customers ... not pissy, remember? Breathe in ...breathe out). They went crabbing and were nice enough to bring home a crab for me. Ben has crabs and crocodiles mixed up and proudly announced that he caught a crocodile and that we could share it for dinner...haha. J forgot the camera, so I'm waiting on my brother and sister in law to email me the photos that they took. In the meantime I have a couple that Georgia took with hers.
Adopting from India - The long and winding road....
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment