On Friday, I went with Sue, Allan, Alex and Peter, and we hit a couple of the Indian markets that are local to here. First stop was in Orchards, where we found all but two spices on the list Sue had made me for successful Indian cooking. A plus side here, was we also found Chicken Twisties, Crunchies, Moro's, Flakes, and PK chewing gum!
Next stop was the Fiji Emporium in Portland, where we not only found the missing spices, but also found Watties baked beans!! SCORE! And .........Ribena!!! SCORE again!!!!! Sue and I had a nice word with the owner about the finer qualities of reduced cream. For all of the other cool stuff he had in there, we didn't see that it would hurt to plant that seed. It all points to what I knew already ...this was so completely meant to be! Now I can see you and I hitting these awesome little stores.... not only for things familiar to you, but also for things familiar to me. They even had NZ lamb at prices unheard of over here.
We'll each have our own little secret corner of the pantry. ...... I'll share my goodies, if you share your Bombay mix. Deal?
And should we catch your sisters stealing our stuff....You tackle them, I'll sit on them .... Sounds like a plan, eh?
Adopting from India - The long and winding road....
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment