Adopting from India - The long and winding road....

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Dossier to India!

Well baby, we're again ahead of schedule!! We were originally hoping for your paperwork to be back from the Indian consulate in California by tomorrow, and then for it all to be on its way to India by Friday ....Well, I just got an email from Becky, and its on its way to India TODAY!! All going well, it will be in India Saturday .. ... Monday at the very latest!! Becky is going to get our travel packet out to us ... apparently theres more paperwork that needs to be done before we travel. She did say though, that its a piece of cake compared to all we've already done. It feels so awesome to know that its finally on its way over there!! I'm more than happy to have more paperwork to do. Its only been a week and already I'm going nuts with this feeling that there's nothing I can do to make this happen faster. I also see that USCIS banked the check we gave them for your immigration, so thats a good sign that they've started the processing for that too! Its ALL happening now!

Sue and I might go shopping this Friday. She wants to plan a huge welcome home party for you, and wants to take me to Target so we can register you. Then we get to go around and scan the tags of everything that we think you might like ...It should be a blast!! Shes also going to take me to some Indian market so I can buy some spices and other ingredients so I can finally try out the Indian cookbooks that I ordered. I'm sure there'll be some weird and wonderful smells coming out of this kitchen over the next few weeks.

Molly and Maddie have been taking turns sleeping in your bed. Even on the nights that they both start out in their own bed, one of them inevitably ends up in yours. I think its pretty cute. As time goes on, they're asking more and more questions about you. Molly is a little concerned about how shes going to teach you English .... Maddie just wants to show you the swings and the trampoline. Cassie is going to teach you how to play softball, and Georgia will just be super-protective. She'll probably spend a bunch of time keeping her sisters in line and making sure they're not driving you too nuts.

I miss you so very much .... From the day I found out about you, I don't think there's a second that you haven't been on my mind. Lets just keep everything crossed that we continue to stay this lucky, and that everything keeps moving along this fast!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like things are really moving ahead for you! I can't imagine how excited you are right now. Best wishes for everything to keep going as planned.

Hugs,

Pamela