Adopting from India - The long and winding road....

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Playing catch-up...

Well, its been another crazy week. We were hoping Becky would have the home-study written last Monday, but as busy as shes been it just wasn't possible. That was a bit of a bummer, as we were really hoping to drive through to Yakima this week to get your immigration started.

I had to work Tuesday, and was really looking forward to spending a few days with Dad and your sisters ... Instead of getting three days, I ended up with two days, as I worked again on Friday. The two days we did get though were lovely .... On Thursday we went to Lowes, and bought some bits and pieces for around the house here... (you'll LOVE Lowes...very cool store!). I got some flowers for the little planter boxes out the front, as well as some wildflower seed for the front garden. It's supposed to attract butterflies and humming birds (which I suppose also means it'll attract some bees and wasps ...but that's ok...) ... I got enough for 800sq ft, and our garden is NOT that big, so there should be a tonne of flowers out there in no time!

Yesterday I went to work for a while, and Dad got busy around the house. He re-seeded and fertilised the front and back yards ..(got to make sure the grass is all nice and thick and soft for you to play on this summer), and then Molly and Maddie helped him plant some rosemary bushes out the front. Daddy dug the holes, Maddie "fur-flized", and then Molly put the plants in the holes. A real team effort!

Next week is spring break, so its a whole week with no school. Molly's not real happy about this, as she'd go to school seven days a week if she could, but Georgia and Cassie are both doing the happy-dance. Georgia has state competition for Science Olympiad in Spokane at the weekend, so she kinda does get to go to school towards the end of the week. The girls are all going to go spend the night at Grandmas house on Tuesday night and have a slumber party with Paige and Megan.

Becky is sure she'll have your homestudy written on Monday, so Tuesday night we're meeting her at the office, and then driving thru to Yakima and spending the night. Daddy is supposed to be working, but with Grandma having your sisters its just too good of an opportunity. Its a long drive over there. Between mine and Daddys work schedules this week, if we don't go Tuesday, it wouldnt happen until next week, and you know how badly we want everything done as fast as possible. We filled out the I600A this morning, so its all set and ready to go. It feels really strange to be at the point where we've done pretty much all we can, and we're now in the hands of other people. I just hope that it all continues to move really fast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo and family,

(Lil sis) Kylie here, I have been following your journey since you gave me the site address and I tell you I have cried and laughed and cried and felt your frustration and happiness as things are slow and things progress you are an amazing family. My thoughts are with you daily and I check in weekly love all your posts it makes me feel that little bit closer to you all
Take care love and cuddles until we meet

Anonymous said...

OOPS one thing I forgot to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAREST BEN HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU lots of love Kylie and Brooklyn(5)