The days are flying by at an alarming rate. Tomorrow its ONE week until we are on that plane and on our way to you. My Mum arrives on Monday, and I'm sure Tuesday and Wednesday will be busy, and then its travel-time!!
Today I hit the dollar store and got a few more things to bring over to leave at the orphanage for the other kids. I left happy with 25 toothbrushes, a bunch of cute hairclips and hairbands for the girls, some little cars for the boys, and all sorts of other cool stuff. Tomorrow I'm going to go through all of the clothes we've accumulated for you, and pack anything that I think will be too small, and we'll be leaving that in Delhi for the other kids too. Given I have no idea what size you are, (I'm guessing around a 5?), I'll be packing a wide range of clothes for you too. You're gonna be the coolest looking kid in Delhi! Sue is back from New Zealand tomorrow, so this weekend I'll be at her house doing the beg/borrow/steal thing in her wardrobe for some cool Indian outfits to wear while I'm there. I also need to have a measure-up of Peter so we can bring him back something cool too.
We know our visa stuff got delivered to the consulate in San Francisco on Monday. I got to experience near heart-failure on Saturday, when USPS tried to deliver it at 7.23am on a SATURDAY morning!! The tracking info said that they would try ONE more time and the hold it for FIVE business days before returning it to me. Given the consulate website estimates 5-10 business days to process it (and we had 9 business days left when we sent it), that caused a little stress! I can tell you it was good news to see that it was delivered on Monday!! Now if they'll just be really nice and hurry it back to me, I can happily cross it off my "to be stressed about" list.
In the meantime I'm hounding Debby and Sue with a million questions about our upcoming trip! I also got a hold of Denise (Eli and Shivani's mother), and she said the kids will be super-excited to hear that you are finally coming home! I think Eli might be making you a picture for us to bring over to you, and Denise was going to send some photos of the kids for you, and also for Vijay. It sure will be nice for you living so close to three of the kids that you know from India. Debby and her family will be away the weekend you come home, but we're planning on a family get-together soon in April, as yours and Jena's birthdays are only a week apart. I'm bringing over some special treats for little Jyoti, as her new Mommy is a friend of mine too. She won't be living close to us, but just like we do with Sue and Karishma, we'll be staying in touch. Once you guys are all home and settled, I think we need to start planning a big reunion for you all!
Your sisters are just SO excited that the time is near! I can already see you are going to be overwhelmed with the love and attention they're going to pour on you. I hope you enjoy it lots, and if it drives you too nuts, we'll sneak you out of the house for some alone-time. Dad is taking four weeks off, so at least you'll have another guy in the house to hang out with!
We have received so many emails congratulating us on finally officially being your parents. I'll be printing them all off and putting them into a scrapbook for you, so when you get older you can see that you had people from all over the world counting down with us until your arrival. Between our friends here, our friends and family in Australia and New Zealand, all of my friends from MUO, and all of the people I now know who have also adopted from India, you are just sooooo loved! All of these people have kept me sane at the times when it felt like it would be forever before we could be with you, and now they're celebrating with us now that time is near. I can't even make it two steps inside the Fred Meyer here without someone asking how you are doing. Its pretty overwhelming really. I feel so very very lucky, and I'm hopeful that one day you'll feel the same!
I love you bunches little man.
Adopting from India - The long and winding road....
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment