Adopting from India - The long and winding road....

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Friday, March 02, 2007

Making plans

Wow, what a busy day!! We got our travel booked and leave here on Thursday the 15th March. We're flying via Tokyo and Bangkok, arriving into Delhi on Saturday the 17th March. According the schedule that the orphanage tries to stick to, we'll rest and have Sunday to ourselves, and finally meet you on Monday. Tues and Wed will be spent getting your immigration finalised, and then Thurs and Fri (all going well), we'll have to ourselves with you. We leave Delhi on Friday night and get back into Portland (once again via Bangkok and Tokyo) at 8.10am on Saturday the 24th March.

We got our visa stuff all sent off to the Indian Consulate, so all thats left to do next week is put together the rest of your immigration paperwork which I'm sure will involve a lot of photocopying and notarising. Outside of that we'll be doing some shopping for some of the things you'll need, and then some strategic packing to fit all that we'll need for you, for us, plus the donations we've accumlated into the 2 bags each that the airlines will allow.

Tonight I am wiped out. Sleep was hard to come by last night, so hopefully with a few more things finalised today it'll be a little easier to get some rest. All going well Trisha will be here on the 12th to have a few days with your sisters before we leave.

Its all happening now baby!!!! I'm just thrilled/stunned/excited/amazed to know that less than 2 wks from now you'll be in my arms and with me forever. Its been a long wait baby boy, but there is no doubt in my mind that it'll have been worth every second.

I love you.... so so so much.

1 comment:

Deb said...

I want you to know that I have been following your journey to bring your son home. I've enjoyed your posts, and am happy to know that your travels are right around the corner! My husband and I brought our son Samedh home from Mumbai in December (our first child). He will be 18 months old next week and is the light of our lives! Adopting from India changed our lives tremendously, and I'm sure it will do the same for you and your family. Please be assured that filing the 1-600 and visa in Delhi is a breeze; folks at the US Embassy are so wonderful. If you have time to go sight-seeing, the Lotus Temple and India Gate are beautiful.
Best wishes to your family as you welcome your newest member!

Deb, Pankaj, & Samedh in Michigan