Today got off to a very early start .... J and I didnt get much sleep with Mr Wriggle Worm in the bed so by 5am J gave up and got up. The restaraunt doesnt even open for breakfast until 7am so Rashid opted for some apple juice and some Teddy Graham's to tide him over till breakky. We then filled in some time and called home, where he got a huge kick out of being able to talk to his sisters. Molly was pretty concerned that she couldnt understand him, but I reassured her it wouldnt take long. Its only been 5 days since we met him and we're not having any problems making ourselves understood.
After a huge breakfast, it was back to the consulate to pick up Rashids visa, and then off to do some fast shopping as today is really the only chance that we've had to pick up some of the things we'd wanted to get. Vijay was nice enough to come with us and took us to a few different places where we bought some goodie for the girls. Rashid tried to fall asleep in the car, which was no surprise after our early start this morning. As I write this he is laying in bed watching TV.
Its incredible to think that today is really our last full day in India. Tomorrow we will be picked up at 11am, then off to the childrens home for Rashids going away party, and then its off to the airport for the long trek home. Once I'm home I'm sure there will be a long post as I transcribe some of the things from my handwritten journal. So many things about this country have captured my heart, and I will truly be looking forward to another trip back here in the future.
I'm missing my girls, and looking forward to being home and seeing all of my children together at long last.
Adopting from India - The long and winding road....
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment