Adopting from India - The long and winding road....

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Don't miss me...

Maddie and I were laying in bed snuggling this morning, when she asked if I would miss her when we come to get you. I told her that of course I would. She sat straight up, gave me "the look", and told me "Don't miss me, you'll have Ben-Rashid to keep you company". I told her that yes I would, and while I was looking forward to it, it wouldn't be the same as having her there too. She was really worried that I would spend my time there being sad not being with her, and made it clear that she would be having lots of fun with Trisha, and that I should have lots of fun with you. For a 4yr old, shes pretty selfless, eh?

Well, this is the week!! 4 more sleeps and we are on that airplane! Your bag is all packed and ready to go, as is the suitcase full of goodies for the orphanage. You are all set for t-shirts and tops, but you're a little lacking on shorts and pants. I'm guessing 100% at sizes for you, and well aware that if I'm off by too much your pants won't stay up. I can see us doing some emergency shopping while we're there just so you have some pants and shoes to wear. What I'm bringing will certainly be enough until we can get you to the markets. I washed all of your clothes they're all nice and fresh and soft. It was a real novelty for me folding little Batman and Spiderman undies. I've packed you your own backpack with the little toys we bought you, so you'll have your own carry-on for the flight home.

It feels like we have been waiting for you forever, and they way it feels to know that this week we are on our way to bring you home is beyond words.

I love you bunches!

No comments: