Adopting from India - The long and winding road....

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Friday, February 02, 2007

Change of plans ... I'm going to leave the blog open to everyone for now at least. What I'd love is to make the leap over to Wordpress, but I can't find a way to export this over to there. If anyone knows how to successfully use Wordpress to import the new version of Blogger, then I'd really love to hear about it.

To everyone who emailed me requesting to be added as readers, Thank you SO much!! I had no idea there were so many of you. To those who sent kind words wishing us all the best, I want you to know that its because of your support over the last year that I've retained any degree of sanity at all (and yeah, I know theres a few who'd like to argue that..lol).

One of my main reasons for leaving this wide open for now, is that I got several emails pointing out that there are very few adoption blogs out there specific to adopting a child from India. When we started this process, I scanned the web constantly, looking to make contact with other parents who were either in the process, or already had adopted an Indian child, and it really didn't feel as though there were very many out there. Its easy to find a million Chinese adoption blogs, and a lot of other countries too (and don't think for a second that I'm taking a dig at adopting from other countries ... I'm all for adoption of ANY kind), but for all my searching I found less than a handful of blogs specific to India. My desire that other families considering adopting from India have Rashids diary as a means of support and information, by far outweighs my reasons for wanting to make this private.

No comments: