This time next week (all going well), we should be back in court, and hopefully finally awarded guardianship. My good friend Sue, (baby Karishma's mommy) found out that the area of Delhi you live in is right by the Golf course. She sent a map, and its really neat to look at it and see what is around the little neighbourhood in which you live. If you go the lower right hand side, you can see a little area called "Golf Links", and thats where you are at! Sue has booked her tickets, and is on her way leaving here Feb 20th! I know you don't know her yet, but I do, and you'll love her. She hopes to be able to take some photos and video of you while shes there, so hopefully you're going to be co-operative. Sues impending trip got me looking thru the travel guide (something I havent done in months .. it was too hard to look at it knowing that we were still so far away from travelling), and wow, we have a LOT more work to do before we leave. More paperwork that needs to be chased down to finalise your immigration, such as updated letters of employment and notarised tax returns. Forms for the US embassy there that are required for your visa, passport photos of Dad and I, copies of our birth certs, homestudy and on an on it goes. I'm not overly anxious to get any of it started yet - I know how fast we can have all of that done, and it'll give me something to keep me busy in the time period between guardianship and when we can travel. We also need to bring plenty of clothes/shoes etc for you, so hopefully Sue can give me a pretty good idea of what size you'll be wearing.
I'm still hurting, and laying pretty low. Not being able to do very much certainly doesn't do a lot to help the days speed by.
C'mon the 12th .... speed up and get here....pretty please???
I love you sweet boy!
Adopting from India - The long and winding road....
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment