Adopting from India - The long and winding road....

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Its been a long morning here. All of your sisters are being really needy, which I can only assume is as a result of all yesterdays excitement. We let them stay up pretty late in the hopes of getting a sleep-in this morning, but that didn't work even a little bit. Molly woke me up at the butt-crack of dawn to let me know that one of her Guppies was stuck in the filter. What a beautiful start to the day that was. I have no idea how it got there, but there was no way it was coming out again. I had to break the news that "Nellie" was on her way to heaven. (or at least she will be just as soon as Dad gets home and finds a way to extract her from the pump, cause there is NO way I'm doing it). Nothing like a death in the fish-family to get the day started. I guess we'll all be standing in the bathroom doing the ceremonial flush thing sometime tonight.

Georgia is wiped out after yesterday, and is currently asleep on the couch as she says she doesn't feel good. I'm not sure if shes legitimately sick, or if shes just trying to get out of tidying her room. Cassie is unaffected and behaving like nothing ever happened. Molly is slowly getting over the grief of losing Nellie, and Maddie is confused as to how Daddy can be on the news on TV when hes supposed to be at work.

Only another couple of days until our case comes up again in court. I checked the causelist and we're listed for the 12th, so all we need now is for the judge to show up AND play nicely. Vijay seems pretty optimistic that we'll travel in March, and everyone seems to think that this court date will be THE day! I'll be able to check the Daily Orders online first thing Monday morning (and hope that its been updated), but it'll be a wait before we get official word from the agency. How long, we're not sure ....it seems they don't tell families that they have guardianship until they have the paperwork in hand, and how long that takes depends on the judge. This guy seems to be moving cases pretty fast, so hopefully hes on the ball with getting the written orders out. Once that happens it'll be all on! Now I find myself thinking about the things we'll need to bring with us for you. I have no idea what size clothes you wear, so I can only hope that the things we've purchased and have been given will fit. I'm thinking I'm just going to bring it all and will donate anything thats too small to the orphanage. They recommend that we bring all sorts of different medicines for you too, so I need to get to the pharmacy and get onto that. They suggest everything from cough and cold syrup, fever medicine, upset tummy medicine, right thru to Nix for headlice. We also need to bring enough outfits for you for 5 days, as well as some warmer things for the plane-ride home. Add to that toys and other things to keep you occupied on the long flight, plus all that we'll need for Dad and I.

Your sisters know that the countdown is on, and they are just so excited. Its been such a long wait for all of us, and its incredible to think that we could be there with you within the next month. Heres hoping Monday is what we've been waiting for!

I love you sweet boy!

No comments: