This has felt like the longest week! Now that we're counting down to the 12th, the days are just dragging by. Of course, being pretty much stuck in the house and very limited to what I can even do around here is not helping. I had to go back to the Dr for a follow-up apointment yesterday, and she wants me off work until at least the 16th Feb. I have to go back before then for another check-up, so fingers crossed she doesn't put me off longer. I can start Physical Therapy next week, and shes going to send over copies of the reports from the scan I had, just so they know what they're dealing with (and presumably so they don't go poking me in my owie spots). I'm starting to get a bit nervous now as to how work is going to handle me asking for time off to go to India. When I interviewed with them I told them all about our adoption, and they said that time off wouldnt be a problem. Of course, the supervisor I interviewed with is no longer there, and add to that, if I do get to go back to work on the 16th, I'll have been off for four weeks. I don't know if I'm covered by anything in the contract as far as leave for adoption goes, but I'm pretty sure that I'm not covered under any state laws for family leave, as I haven't been there 12 months. I guess we'll have to wait and see what they have to say once we have guardianship (which is hopefully 10 days from now). They've been terrific about the time off I've needed since my fall, so here's hoping they'll be that way when the time comes to travel too.
I love you bunches!
Adopting from India - The long and winding road....
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment