Adopting from India - The long and winding road....

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Monday, March 13, 2006

Amazing!

Hey sweetheart! A really cool thing happened this weekend. Through an internet group that Sue told me about, I've been in touch with a lady who met you!! She was there in August last year with her family, to bring home their little girl, Pinki. They don't live too far from here, so when you arrive we'll be able to get together often so you and little Pinki can continue your friendship. Now that she's here in the USA, her family is calling her Jena ... beautiful name, eh? Debby her Mommy, sent me some photos of her, and shes just beautiful. A really amazing thing though, is Debby also had some photo's of you! She sent them to me, and wow, you got so BIG!!! And you lost a tooth!!!! You're looking as gorgeous as ever, and so very grown up. Seeing those photo's just makes me miss you more and more. I feel like we're missing out on so much while we wait for our time to travel. I guess that means we'll just have to cram all the more in when we finally have you here! She also has a video that they took while they were at the orphanage, and you're in it! She's going to mail it to me, so I can see you too. She's having some trouble with it, as it wiggles a bit on VHS, but I'll settle for the wiggles if it means we can actually see some more of you. Another friend of hers is actually in India right now, bringing home two more children, from the same orphanage as you. Hopefully you found your way into some of their photo's too! Its turning out that not only are there more Indian children here than I would have imagined, a lot of them are from the exact same place as you!

Debby and her husband fell in love with you while they were there. She was so happy to learn that you now have a family. She told me all about your huge smile, and the fact that you played with her husband ... Very awesome considering you've probably seen very few men. Hopefully that means you and your Daddy will bond fast too.

Debby will be in this area next Monday, so we're hoping to be able to meet. I can't wait to meet her face to face, and of course, Miss Jena too! Jena is settling into life here very well, and you can tell from her photo's that shes a very sweet and happy little girl. Debby has been very helpful, and I know that her and I will be speaking often. I can't wait to get in touch with the other family that are due home, to hear all about their experiences, and of course, see all of their photos.

Well sweet boy, your sisters are being high-maintanance here ... Will be back later in the day to write some more.

Love you tonnes!

No comments: