Today is the day that the loan should fund! That means that today or tomorrow, we'll get getting that call to go pick up the check! This money is going to take care of all of the costs that go with adopting you, as well as our travel costs to India to pick you up. (add that to what we'll be saving between now and then, and we'll be able to spoil you rotten while we're there too..) .. I want to pick up lots of souveneirs so there will be lots of things in this house familiar to you. Dad and I also plan to take a few extra days with you in India, so you can begin to bond with us, before we bring you home to the craziness here. There are so many people who can't wait to meet you ... Even people I've never met! One of the ladies at Grandma's work is already talking about throwing you a shower, so it looks like we might be having more than one party! Depending on how busy things get, Dad and I may even scoop you and the girls up and take off to the beach for a little while ... It'll be a great chance to spend some time together for all of us as a family, and it will be great fun! We'll have to take you to the kite store so you can choose your own kite for the beach. So many fun things to look forward to!
Well sweet boy, I have to go call Lisa ... Tomorrow Daddy and I are hoping to take a drive down to the office to get all of this paperwork we've collected notarized. I feel like we're getting so close now! ... Love you!
Adopting from India - The long and winding road....
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay for funding! Congratulations! It sounds like you're well on your way to India.
I keep forgetting to tell you that we live in Puyallup, so we're a lot closer than Seattle.
Take care!
Yup, Funding is a good thing! haha...
Now I've never been to Puyallup, but I do know that they have this huge fair there. Might be a good excuse for a trip up there this year!
Post a Comment