Adopting from India - The long and winding road....

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Its snowing!

Your sisters are in 7th heaven! No school today due to the snow-storm! They've been outside this morning having snowball fights with all the other kids in the neighbourhood. Maddie was the first to give up and come in, because it was COLD. She liked the snow, but didn't think much of how cold it made her feel. Cassie and some of her friends started a snowman, but only got as far as making the body, so I have this huge ball of snow in the driveway behind the car. Shes still outside, so it might get finished. The snow is still coming down, and not looking like its going to stop anytime soon, and the girls are already hoping for another day off school tomorrow. A day off tomorrow would give them a four day weekend, which they think is a pretty cool plan.

Since its such a good day for staying inside, I'm going to tackle the 2nd closet in your room. Right now its stuffed full of toys, but its actually going to be your closet. I'm going to put a dresser in the closet itself, so you'll have your own drawers for your clothes, as well as somewhere to hang stuff up. I probably ought to do a load or two of laundry too ... Every time Miss Molly went outside this morning and got cold or wet, she came in and changed clothes. I knew it was time to put a stop to it when she announced she was all out of jeans, and came downstairs wearing a pair of Maddies tights. They only come to her knees, so she looked pretty funny.

Well, I'm going to get moving here. Daddy is still sleeping ... He got home late this morning, and has to go back to work at 4pm .. with all this snow, I'm sure he's going to be kept busy.

I can't wait for winter next year, when we'll be able to have you out there throwing snowballs too!

No comments: