Ok, this will give you a giggle for sure. Remember when I told you that Debby had sent me some photo's of you, and that you were all grown up? What I didn't mention on here was the amount of conversation in the house here over "was that really you"? I mean, its REALLY hard to tell. The little boy in the photo's sure looked alot like you ... only older. I thought there were some subtle differences, but nothing that couldn't have been explained with age. Sooooo, Dad and I lined up the photo's that Debby had sent, together with the photo's we already had, and we looked and then looked some more. We looked at all the things that were similiar, as well as all the things that were different. .... and to be honest, we didn't think it was you, but we really weren't sure. (now can I add here that we weren't the only ones, because we discussed this dilemma with a few people, and THEY know who they are...lol).
Anyway...Debby was awesome enough to also send us a video from when they went to the orphanage to get little Pinki. Here I am, watching diligently, and of course, my eyes are on the little boy in the sports shirt like yours. The more I watch, the more I'm sure that its not you. Then all of a sudden, YOUR face comes onto the screen. Wow, you were ALL about that camera! There you were, wearing a different little outfit, but you were so completely familiar to me. My heart jumped clear into my throat and I had to pause it right away, just so I could watch it again ... at that point I was worried that would be the only thing we saw of you on that tape. As luck would have it, I didn't have to worry, because you're quite the little camera-magnet. There you were, all smiles and silly faces. As always, you looked beyond perfect, and to hear your laugh for the very first time bought tears to my eyes. And you are not at all grown up ...in fact, you look even smaller than you did in those first photo's.
I took the tape over to Sues tonight, so that Peter could see you, and she cried too. It bought back a lot of memories for her and Allan from when they were in India. I can't wait for us to be there with our own camera, and most importantly YOU ... making our very own memories.
Adopting from India - The long and winding road....
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment