Adopting from India - The long and winding road....

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Early Sunday....

Ok, its not so early now .. but it was earlier...

Today was the day I was going to sleep in...

... Daddy and I went out last night with your Aunt Jeanete, Uncle Jeff, Cousins Todd and Dena, and friends Michalyn and James ... We were pretty late coming home. It was a rare night out for us ... We all went into Portland and had Sushi .... which was surpringly good (Prior to leaving, Daddy had made a comment about not eating fishing bait, and even he was pleasantly surprised...haha).

Uncle Darren called us on the cell phone while we were on our way to Portland... He had the grand job of babysitting your sisters, and Miss Madalyn was giving him a huge run for his money. She is such a three year old right now, and she's taking some risks with the way she speaks to other people, that she wouldn't dare take in front of Dad or I. The thing that bothers me the most is that she actually KNOWS when to pick her times.... Shes too smart for anyones good, including her own. In a short space of time last night she'd told Uncle Darren that she wanted Mac and Cheese NOW ... to keep his shoes off the couch, and that she didnt want him staying here anymore. Yeah, nice. I've never heard her speak to anyone this way, but then like I said, I dont think she'd dare do it in front of us.

Anyway, here we were, having this fun night out in Portland... Everyone had piled into Dad's Suburban, and the drive home was hysterical as everyone was singing up a storm to the radio... We dropped everyone back off at Jeff and Jeanetes, and then all walked down to Michalyns and James for a few minutes before heading home again... We didn't get to bed until 1am, but that was ok ...cause we were going to sleep in this morning, right?

Well, the phone goes early ... Its Sunday, and I'm thinking the only excuse for that is an emergency... Nooooo, its one of my mortgage clients with a question about property taxes... She was trying to do her taxes, and decided that she needed my help. Yeah, peachy..... Uncle Darren answered the phone, mistakenly thought it was our accountant, so woke Daddy up and told him the phone was for him... Dad told my client I was still sleeping and would call her back..which I haven't done yet. Who calls that early on a SUNDAY?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hie.
you have very impressive blog.

I want to know more about u.
and also about how do u use the blogspot.
I have just started using blogspot.
thanks

parimalvarma@gmail.com