If your sisters would share everything else the way they're sharing the chicken-pox, life around here would be completely hassle-free. Just when I got to thinking that Maddie was out of being contaigous, and that life could get back to normal, Cassie gets them..... So we're quarantined again .... No friends over, no playing with other people .... Just staying pretty close to home while we wait and see how bad the spots get...
So far she's the biggest weenie out of all the girls... She's got the lightest case so far, and yet she's behaving like she's covered.... Of course, theres a really strong chance that she's going to wake up tomorrow morning and actually be covered.... We'll wait and see ... That'll give us something to look forward to tomorrow..haha. As it stands right now, she has four on her front, three on her back, and two on one arm .... Now I know its wishful thinking to be hoping this is as bad as it gets .... but we might get lucky, right?
Today has been a bit of a strange day ... This morning got off to a hectic start ... Georgia wanted me to drop her off at the front of the school (usually we drop her at the back ...less traffic), because she had to take her lap harp today .... This usually wouldnt be a problem ..we'd just leave a few minutes earlier.... Well, not today. I'm trying to get Molly dressed, while getting Cassie breakfast, while trying to convince Maddie that shes not going to have a crisis if I dont hold her hand while she comes down the stairs... Yup, it was one of THOSE days.... I go to put french toast sticks in the microwave for Molly and Cassie, and the fuse blows ... I boot it out to the garage and fix the switch ... Georgia and I make a run for the car while the girls are distracted ... Its iced over... I look for the ice scraper .. No sign of it.. .. I boot it back inside to grab the keys to Daddys car so I can steal his ice scraper .... sneak to the closet, get the keys, blow kisses at the girls, and run out the door again... Scrape the windows, get Georgia to school with 2 minutes till bell-time, and arrive back here with exactly 7 minutes before Cassie and Molly need to be on the bus.... It was teeth cleaned, faces washed, hair brushed and shoes and socks on in record time ..... All of this, and I hadn't even had coffee yet!!! Mornings are busy, but today was nuts... By 8am the house was quiet, Daddy and Uncle Darren were still sleeping, Maddie was on the couch with her blankie watching TV, and I was happily drinking coffee...... Crazy stuff!
Thank goodness tomorrow is Saturday!
Adopting from India - The long and winding road....
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I keep forgetting to tell you that we live in Puyallup right now. So we're not that far from you.
Also, I had to laugh when I read that you overcharged the cheating husband when he came in to buy his wife a gift because you sent a thank you note to his house! Girl, you are hysterical!
Post a Comment