Adopting from India - The long and winding road....

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Thursday, February 09, 2006

And tomorrow we search...

We had a frustrating day today .... Dad went to get copies of our marriage cert, and found out its going to take 10 days. We got married in this county, but applied for the marriage licence in King County, so we had to to send a letter requesting it, and was told it would take 10 days to get here. To make matters more frustrating, I need the marriage cert for my passport application, which will also take 10 days. Somewhere in this house though, is an envelope with our marriage cert in it, so tomorrow we get to turn this place upside down until we find it.

Sue came by work today, and she'd written a most beautiful reference letter. It was nice to see her, and I vented my frustration at the delays a little. She reassured me that it was all to be expected, and that all would be fine. I just wish there was a way to get all of the paperwork together NOW. I feel like every day that we dont have something, is a day longer that we have to wait before we can come and bring you home.

Tomorrow, we WILL find that marriage certificate!

No comments: