Its been six years today (kinda) since we landed in the USA ...We actually flew in on Feb 29th, and that date doesn't come around too often, so we'll take the 28th as an anniversary instead. I'm hoping it will help you ...being that I wasn't born here either, and had to learn how to adjust to life in this country. They have some kinda weird traditions (like putting grated cheese and veges in jelly ...ICK!), but some pretty cool ones too (insert 4th July and Thanksgiving here). They have some really nasty foods (like Jif peanut butter ...it equals superglue for teeth...and Jif is what we used to clean the bathtub with back in NZ, so go figure.... Oh, and pumpkin pie ... You'll still be scraping it off your back teeth three days later ...its really that terrible! lol ), but some really cool ones too ... Like Mrs Fields cookies! ...and Ding Dongs ... (terribly bad for your teeth, but thats why we have a dentist, right?) .. and Ben and Jerry's ice cream ... and donuts for breakky on Sundays, and baseball games in Seattle with garlic fries so strong you can smell them from 10 rows away ... Grandma's beef and noodles (ok, not so good ..and I promise I wont make you eat that ... just smile and know that we'll stop at McDonalds on the way home...haha) ..Happy Cakes at Shari's, Daddy's chicken and dumplings ... Mummy's roast lamb .. ... I think you're going to like it here. And anything that seems completely strange, I'll teach you ...
'Cause I've been there....
Every day, I get to see how loved you are .... Everyone at work can't wait to meet you ... Even my regular clients are counting down. ...... So many people who know us, know without even meeting you that you're our son .... I miss you so terribly, and yet you've never even see me.... You don't even know about me yet.. and probably won't for at least another month... or more ... I can't wait to be able to discover who you are, to get to know what you love about life, and also what you don't like ..to learn what makes that smile and those gorgeous eyes of yours light up .... I can't wait to get you here ... As of now, you're still going about your day ... I'm hoping you're hoping that there's a family out there for you, (Lisa told me that you and all your friends there know that you're waiting for a family)... and I wish that you could know you already have one....There is so much love in this house, and already you're a huge part of that love .... I hope it goes quickly from here on in ...because I'm so ready to book that flight to India ....
We are so very ready to bring you home....
Adopting from India - The long and winding road....
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment