Adopting from India - The long and winding road....

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Monday, February 20, 2006

Dad and I both had our medicals today, and passed with flying colours. Joan (our doctor), was so excited to hear all about you, and cant wait to meet you. She'll be caring for you when you get here too...With the quarterly reports we have to do that go back to India, she'll be writing a little letter to go with each of them to them know how well you're adjusting to life here with us. Shes very gentle, very sweet and I'm sure you're going to like her alot.

Spoke to Stacy several times today about the refi, and the appraiser is all over it. She completely stands behind her appraisal, and her reasons for choosing the comps she did, and has written an addendum to the appraisal. Tomorrow, we get a hold of the account rep again and see what they have to say. We can afford for them to knock a little off the appraisal value, but not tonnes. One way or another, we'll get it done.

Uncle Darren arrived yesterday, and hes going to be staying with us for a while. It seems he feels he has to put himself to work, and today tackled the mountain of boxes out in the garage that needed to be broken down for recycle. He's applying for a job with Dads work, ...they only have one position open right now, so hopefully he gets it. Its hard for him being so far away from Ildi and the baby, but I think its helping him alot being here with us.

Well, I'll be up and at it early tomorrow, keen to see what this lender has to say. I have a really good feeling about it all ... I'm alot more positive today than I was on Friday, thats for sure. Tomorrow will be a big day for us, .... will write more then.

No comments: