Adopting from India - The long and winding road....

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Monday, February 06, 2006

So fast, and yet time stands still...

It was January 24th, 2006 when Lisa sent me your photo and your bio.... I saw your smile, that light in your eyes and I just knew that you were my boy. She emailed me your medical report, and what little information they had on your life up until now. For now, you're still in an SOS Childrens Village in India .... I've seen your photos, and you are beyond beautiful. I know you like to dance, because Lisa has visited with you, and she told me that when that music started, your little body was moving like crazy, and yet your face was all concentration. I know you're sensitive, and that your morale is low. It won't be long now, and we'll have you home...

This is for you ... I want you to be able to see the journey from our side too. So you can know that while you were waiting, we were working so very hard to bring you here. Its been exactly two weeks now, and heres where we're at...

The application forms are filled out, and we've scheduled medicals, organised references, and also a home study. We're also refinancing the house so that we've got the money we need to bring you here. I've spent all day today cleaning my rear end off, because the appraiser comes tomorrow, and we really need for this place to appraise as high as we can get it. The girls have been really helpful too .... They're excited about finally getting a brother. They can't wait to have you here so they can play with you. They want to show you the trampoline and the back yard. Theres so much they want to teach you ... everything from speaking English, to singing songs, to roller-blading. They have it all planned. They're already arguing over who's room you're going to sleep in. Dad is a little stressed, so say the very least. He was hoping the refi would go really smoothly so we could afford to add onto the living room. I guess thats going to have to wait a few more months. Neither of us are losing sight of the fact that the main goal right now is to get the finances together to be able to bring you home. We've been told that from when the paperwork goes to India, it should take appoximately four months before we can travel to come meet you and bring you home again. Hopefully we'll have you here in time for summer vacation ... If I had my way though, we'd have you here for Valentines day....

No comments: