Adopting from India - The long and winding road....

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Nearly bed time here..

I spoke with Sue again tonight, and Peter is really excited. I think he just now figured out that you are from India too. I'm sure he's already seeing himself as a big brother to you, and for that you are so very lucky. Alex will seem like an extra-big brother, so that makes you extra special. So many people here who love you without having met you yet....

Peter was looking out toys for you tonight, and actually found some things that were special to him as he was growing up here in the USA. If he should change his mind about giving them to you, then we'll find you some of the same, or you can go play at his house with him... He has a Dr's kit that he thinks you'll really like.

Georgia is going to take some forms tomorrow that Sue and Allan are going to fill out. One is a reference form for the agency, and another is a form stating that they will be your guardians should anything ever happen to your Dad and I. I put a photo of you in with the forms for Peter, along with a little note from you letting him know that you cant wait to meet him. Already I know that he's going to be so protective of you, and he'll help you alot in learning about life here in the United States. His Mum is from NZ too, so both of our families are super multi-cultural. Already you guys have so very much in common.

Cassie had me print off some photos of you today .... I think you're going to be "show and tell" tomorrow. The girls are already so very proud and protective of you ...

We're another day closer...

No comments: