Today was...well ...interesting.... We busted our butts yesterday, and kinda ingnored the fact that it was an American holiday.. ..Monday is a work day, right? Heidi, our appraiser spent her day looking for comps, and also wrote an awesome addendum to the original appraisal explaining why she chose the comps she did, and even came up with one other.
Stacy emailed them all off this morning... Not just to the obvious channels, but to EVERY one and anyone that may or may not have a say in what happens next. A tonne of emails, and even more voice mails later, we heard from the underwriter late this afternoon.... She's more than happy with the comps, ....which is great.. but ulitimately its up to the Appraisal review supervisor......
So, we have this half-ass yes...... which I suppose is good. If its an indication as to whats going to happen next, then its more than good. From all my experience in this industry, its the underwriter that usually holds the final answer... This time though (and yes, it would have to be my own loan), we're kinda in the hands of someone else...
I feel really positive.... Looking at the 10 000 different directions this could have gone, its really going in a great direction... assuming of course, that the appraisal review supervisor, is seeing things the same way that the rest of us are...
So, tomorrow we'll know.... so again Mommy is going to have this half sleepy, half dreamy, but mostly awake .... excuse for sleep ...but its all good.
What I do know, is that its only a matter of time.... We're counting down now.... This is going to happen, and before we know it we're going to be booking plane tickets for India...
I just wish you could know already... How much we love you...and how hard we're working to get you here...What a huge and amazing family you already have... I know that for now you're feeling pretty alone...and the amazing and beautiful thing is, you have a bigger family than anyone else I've ever known! ...All these Aunts and Uncles, cousins and friends... From here in the USA.... back home in NZ and Aussie... so many people waiting on your arrival.... Loving you, and waiting for the day that you arrive home.... You're more than just my son.. you're our boy .... and my heart swells with love and pride when I dream of the day that you're finally in my arms, and I'm able to see your smile face to face....
You're going to see that you're not alone when it comes to adapting to life here in the USA ...so many of us have done it, and love it...and it's the experiences of all of those people who are going to help make it as easy as we can for you.... If they have anything to do with it (which they will) ....one of your first English phrases will undoubtably be "G'day Mate".
I love you so very much ... I really do.
Adopting from India - The long and winding road....
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment