Adopting from India - The long and winding road....

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Monday, February 27, 2006

Share and share some more.....

Ok, your sisters are taking sharing to a whole new level ..... Maddie caught Mollys chicken pox (or as she calls it "chicken-spots") ... She's really not feeling good, and even put herself to bed tonight before I got home from work. Hopefully today will be the worst of it for her. Daddy has been keeping her covered in calamine lotion, and lots of Benedryl too, which unfortunately is really all we can do. Dad was trying hard to keep her distracted this morning by reading her lots of stories... anything to keep her mind off the itchies. On the upside, no one else is showing any signs of having caught them, so hopefully after Maddie we'll be all done. The girls were supposed to go to Grandmas tonight for dinner, but we'll be taking a rain-check on that one until Maddie is feeling better.

I dont have to work tomorrow until lunchtime, so will hopefully get to touch base with Lisa or Becky in the morning and make sure that we're still planning on the week of the 12th for the homestudy. I also need to find out if they need all this paperwork we've collected prior to the homestudy, or whether we just wait and take it all down there in one big load. Now that we've got just about everything, we need to make a bunch of copies, and then get it all notarised. We're very lucky in that everything is being done kinda backwards for you. Usually you'd have to do all this paperwork, have the homestudy complete, and then wait for a child... Luckily for us, Lisa knew you were perfect for us, so we're doing all of this knowing that its you we're getting! Pretty cool, eh?

Well I'm off to crash on the couch ... I think I pulled a muscle in my shoulder while I was sick on Friday, so I'm going to have a lazy night in front of the TV.

See you in dreamland, sweet boy ..... One more day, and we're into March!! Another month closer to June/July!!

No comments: