Had to work today, and spent my lunch hour filling out my passport application. Tried to get my photo taken, but three tries later, and they realised the camera needed re-charging. I can still get it done in the morning, and get it all posted tomorrow afternoon.
The place I work has this really stupid automated system for getting a verification of employment, which I'm going to need. Only thing is, the automated system doesnt give us all of the info we need. I asked the lady in time and attendance, as well as my manager, and they both told me I needed to use the automated system. I went right to the store director, and told him about you, and why I needed this letter. He said he'd take care of it so long as we didnt tell anyone, so I guess its our secret! I'm sure he'll get right on it. I showed him your photo, and like everyone else, he thinks you're so very cute.
Dad has a list of stuff to do tomorrow. Hes going to pick up copies of our marriage certificate, sign final paperwork for our loan, as well as call the Dr for the different letters we need. On top of this he gets to keep an eye on your sisters, so hes going to be kept really busy.
We filled out the financial disclosure tonight, and by Indian standards we're millionaires. Very cool!!! Don't get too excited about his though ...This is the only time in our lives we're we've ever looked this great financially on paper! The most important thing though is you. You're going to have a neat house to live in, and some cool toys, but most importantly, a Mommy and a Daddy who love you and miss you so very much, and an awesome bunch of sisters who cant wait to teach you how to drive Mommy and Daddy completely nuts...haha.
When I filled out my application for my passport, they asked me for an estimated date for travel. Because I wasnt sure, I put 19th July ... Its Uncle Adams birthday, and I just have a really good feeling about this date. Hopefully this will be the latest we leave, and even more hopefully you'll be home by then so you can call him and sing Happy Birthday. My birthday is June 25th, and I cant think of a more perfect way to spend it than with you, Daddy and the girls. Yours is April 16th, and because we know you're not going to be here by then, we'll have little party for you. This will be the very last birthday that we spend apart. Next year, it'll be a big party, lots of friends, and you can even choose your own cake. We'll have all your sisters, the kids from around the neighbourhood, Peter and Alex, and all the other friends that you'll make ... Its going to be a blast!
I'll see in in dreamland, my wee man ... I love you bunches!
Adopting from India - The long and winding road....
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment