Adopting from India - The long and winding road....

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

But there was a bonus ....

Well, Maddie is still really spotty, but not as cranky as she was yesterday .... Shes feeling better for sure, but we'll still have another couple of days until the chicken "spots" start healing...

I gave in and went to the Dr this morning .. My neck and shoulders were hurting so bad, I couldnt even detail exactly where the pain was at. Joan as always, was awesome. She actually asked me if I'd been in a car accident, as my injuries were consistent with someone who'd been rear-ended ... I had to tell her NO...I hurt myself while puking! ....haha

Friday I had a test at OHSU ...no biggie, or so they said. They were to put in an IV, run a couple of different things thru me, and then take blood every 30 minutes for 2 and a half hours. They say that side effects are rare, and at best I should have experienced a metalic taste in my mouth, or some hot flushes .... Little did they know! Within half an hour of them injecting this stuff, I'm puking compulsivly .... It got so bad, they gave me a shot of Phenergan right in my a** .... The nurse said she'd been doing this for over 20 years, and I was the 2nd person she'd ever had react like that. As you'll come to find out, we don't do things by halves in this family. The Phenergan worked... I slept like a baby, and felt a whole bunch better when I woke up. Only problem being, it seems that while I was sick, I pulled a muscle on the right side of my neck. I scored some prescription painkillers, some muscle relaxants, and 6wks worth of physical therapy 3 days a week. Weird to think that you go to a Dr's thinking you're going to feel better, and actually come out feeling 100% worse than when you went in!

(just for future reference here...Your mother is a weenie, and doesn't like to puke!)

As always, there was a bonus!! The letters from the girls medicals were ready, so got to bring those home with me today.... One less piece of paper to add to your file. I tried to call Lisa today, but she was on another line. Left her an email, and she replied letting us know that she's going to try and send the photo's of you dancing at some point tomorrow, and she also told us how excited she is, not only for Daddy and I, but for you. As you will find out when you get to meet Lisa, Becky, and so many others from Childrens Hope ...This is not a regular adoption agency we're dealing with ...Its more like this amazingly huge family that just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

No comments: