Tomorrow I'm applying to update my passport.... I need to get all prettied up and go get passport photos taken. Sue is going to witness to one pic, as shes still a NZ passport holder, and I'm going to go find someone at Dads work who's known me more than a year so they can witness the other. The criteria is so specific.... If not a NZ passport holder, they have to be a Doctor, Lawyer, Police Officer, Teacher etc....
The appraiser is due at 11am, so I'll be spending the morning vacuuming the upstairs, mopping the downstairs and just generally getting this place looking sparkly. Amazing to think that all this hard work, and she'll probably be here all of 15 minutes....
I also need to redo the applications for the background checks. I guess I got a little carried away with the filling out of the paperwork ... I was so busy writing that I didnt stop to see that it specifically asks for BLACK ink.... Uh oh. I called Becky today, and she faxed me new copies. Shes an angel ... Shes going to be doing our homestudy, and I think shes just as excited as we are to be getting you here. Will be getting those background forms in the mail tomorrow. I'll also be sending back to NZ for a renewal of my passport, which they say will take about 10 days. Once I get that, we can then apply for the nescessay visas to travel to India. Dad and I are hoping to spend a few extra days there with you, just the three of us before we bring you home to meet your sisters. I'm looking forward to us all taking lots of photos that we can share with you as you get older. I have so much to learn about where you are from ....the places, the history and the culture. I've been reading alot online, and looking at lots of different photo's from people who have already been there. I need to learn so I can teach you as you grow .... I'm sure we're going to have alot to teach each other, and I'm looking forward to that.
Sweet dreams, little man .... It won't be long now....
Adopting from India - The long and winding road....
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment